Wed, 26 Feb 2020
8:30 - 10:30
In partnership with the Local Government Association and hosted by the Greater Manchester Combined Authority.
We invite you to join us as we discuss how the right local government leadership creates the changes urgently needed for better later lives, set against a backdrop of the UK’s first Age-friendly city region: Greater Manchester.
This debate will explore perspectives on:
- How places can create local movements for system change
- How we can harness the opportunity of our longer lives
- How to retain focus and develop new collaborations in the face of competing pressures
- Chair: Natalie Turner, Head of Localities, Centre for Ageing Better
- Pam Smith, Chief Executive, Stockport Council and Executive Lead for Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) on Ageing and Equalities
- Matthew Ainsworth, Assistant Director for Employment (Strategy, Policy and Delivery) GMCA
- Paul McGarry, Assistant Director, Greater Manchester Ageing Hub, GMCA
- Cllr Richard Kemp CBE, Deputy Chair, Local Government Association Community Wellbeing Board
Can't make it?
All our breakfast debates are livestreamed and available to watch at any time after the event on our YouTube channel, so you don't have to miss anything.
The livestream will start at 9.00am on Wednesday 26th February 2020.