The Voluntary Organisations Disabilities Group (VODG) represent leading not-for-profit providers of services and support to disabled people.
Their newly published report titled 'Above and Beyond: How voluntary sector providers of disability support add value to communities' explores how innovative not-for-profit organisations consistently and proactively meet gaps in support, particularly as austerity undermines existing provision.
The report outlines the voluntary care sector’s key impacts, including:
• engaging local partners and harnessing the potential of community resources
• helping people meet their aspirations and live the lives they want
• reducing social isolation and promoting inclusion
• creating wider social and community benefits by supporting the needs of individuals
• changing perceptions of disability
To view the report, click here