The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and its partners, Public Health England (PHE) and NHS England (NHSE), values the important contribution that voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations make towards improving health and care. To this end, a VCSE Health & Wellbeing Fund Mental Health has been launched which gives VCSE organisations the opportunity to apply for three year grant funding.
This Fund will focus on Children and Young People’s Mental Health and aims to expand and evaluate already successful innovative projects that:
• Adopt community and person-centred approaches to improving the mental health of children and young people aged 0-25 years;
• Particularly support children and young people through life changing events,
• Have strong local connections already in place;
• Are delivered by the VCSE sector;
• Are co-produced with service users and stakeholders; and
• Promote equalities and reduce health inequalities.
The expansion of projects should enable the testing of a new approach within an existing project to reach a different audience (either age range or demographic). The Fund cannot be used to support geographical extensions of a project. A series of 'Meet the Funders' webinars are being held throughout November and December 2018 and the closing date for the submission of applications is Friday 15 February 2019 at 12 noon.
Click here to access the funding pack which gives further information about the Fund, the outcomes that the system partners are seeking from the Fund and the criteria that will be used for assessing applications. A timetable is provided for this process, from application through to decision.